Discounted Fare Eligibility
Wheels offers discounted fares to seniors, people with disabilities, and Medicare recipients. View our current Fares.
Discount Fare Eligibility – Senior (65+) / Disabled / Medicare Recipients
To qualify for the Senior/Disabled fare, you must present one of the following:
- Government issued photo ID showing proof of age (65+)
- Valid Medicare Card (photo ID also required)
- Senior/Disabled Clipper Card
- Wheels ADA Paratransit ID Card
- Regional Transit Connection (RTC) Discount Card
- DMV Disabled License Plate Registration
- DMV Disabled Parking Placard printout
Regional Transit Connection (RTC) Discount Card
The RTC Discount Card is available to qualified persons with disabilities and senior citizens 65 years of age or older. The card makes it easier for you to demonstrate your eligibility for reduced fares on fixed route bus, rail and ferry systems throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
To see if you are eligible for the Regional Transit Connection (RTC) Discount Card and to apply, visit the RTC website.