Board of Directors Meeting
Meeting Date/Time: 07/06/2015 04:00 PM
Diana Lauterbach Room LAVTA Offices 1362 Rutan Ct, Livermore, CA, United States
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
A. Minutes of the June 1, 2015 Board of Directors meeting.
B. Treasurer’s Reports for the month of May 2015
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends approval of the May 2015 Treasurer’s Report.
C. Resolutions Authorizing the Filing of Applications for Federal Funds for Fiscal Year 2016, 2017, and 2018 to the Metropolitan Transportation Commission
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Board approve “a resolution authorizing the filing of an application for FTA Formula Program and Surface transportation programs funding by the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority (LAVTA) for Capital and Operating funds for fiscal years 2016, 2017, and 2018 and committing the necessary local match for the projects and stating the assurance of LAVTA to complete the project.” Resolution 25-2015.
D. Declaration of Surplus Property in Compliance with LAVTA Policy for Disposition of Surplus Property
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board of Directors declare as surplus two (2), 2008 El Dorado cut-away buses, and authorize their disposal through a method consistent with LAVTA’s Policy for Disposition of Surplus Property.
E. LAVTA Procedures/Policies for USDOT Reasonable Modification Rule
Recommendation: The Projects and Services Committee recommend the Board approve the proposed LAVTA Reasonable Modification Procedures and ADA Policy Modification.
5. 2015 FTA Triennial Review
Recommendation: Review the 2015 FTA Triennial report.
6. Clipper® Fares
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Board direct Staff to proceed with the Title VI Impact Analysis for adding a fare media of the Day Pass Accumulator with the implementation of the Clipper Card.
7. Establishing Standing Committees and Memberships
Recommendation: Chair Biddle recommends that the Board approve Resolution 26-2015, establishing new standing committees, memberships, and officers.
8. Cancel Regularly Scheduled Board of Directors Meeting for August 2015
Recommendation: Based on the Board’s usual and customary summer hiatus, I am recommending that the Board of Directors cancel the August 2015 Board meeting as well as both standing committees usually scheduled in the fourth week of July. If any urgent items come to my attention between now and the meeting I will contact the Chair of the Board of Directors and request either that the meeting is reinstated, or that a special meeting be called.
9. Executive Director’s Report
10. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
11. Closed Session pursuant to Government Code §54957
PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
Title: Executive Director
12. Reconvene to OPEN SESSION
13. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: August 4, 2015 (See agenda item #9, if approved, the next meeting is scheduled for September 7, 2015)
Please refrain from wearing scented products (perfume, cologne, after-shave, etc.) to these meetings, as there may be people in attendance susceptible to environmental illnesses.
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant, /s/ Diane Stout 6/30/15
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551