Board of Directors Meeting
Meeting Date/Time: 01/06/2014 04:00 PM
Diana Lauterbach Room LAVTA Offices 1362 Rutan Court, Livermore, CA, United States
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. Wheels Accessible Advisory Committee Report
5. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows :
A. Minutes of the December 16, 2013 meeting of the Board of Directors
B. Treasurer’s Report for the month of November 2013
Recommendation: Staff recommends approval of the November 2013 Treasurer’s Report.
C. PAPCO Representation
Recommendation: Staff and the Wheels Accessibility Advisory Committee recommend that the Board re-appoint Esther Waltz as LAVTA’s PAPCO representation.
6. Paratransit Operations and Maintenance Contract
Recommendation: Staff recommends that the Paratransit O&M contract be awarded to Medical Transportation Management, Inc. (MTM). Staff’s recommendation is based on the Panel’s overall assessment of proposed price, firm and key personnel qualifications and experience, and personnel resources committed to the contract. In light of the Panel’s recommendation provided to the Executive Director, the Executive Director has deemed MTM to be the best value proposal submitted to LAVTA. Resolution 01-2014.
7. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
8. Executive Director’s Report
9. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: February 3, 2014
Please refrain from wearing scented products (perfume, cologne, after-shave, etc.) to these meetings, as there may be people in attendance susceptible to environmental illnesses.
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant, January 2, 2014
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551