Board of Directors Meeting
Meeting Date/Time: 02/03/2014 04:00 PM
Diana Lauterbach Room LAVTA Offices 1362 Rutan Court, Livermore, CA, United States
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. Wheels Accessible Advisory Committee Report
(WAAC Chair would like to reserve her comments until the MTM item comes up later)
5. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows :
A. Minutes of the January 6, 2014 meeting of the Board of Directors
B. Treasurer’s Report for the month of December 2013
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends approval of the December 2013 Treasurer’s Report.
C. Quarterly Budget and Grants Update
Recommendation: NA – information only. The Finance & Administration Committee reviewed this report on January 28, 2014.
6. Paratransit Operations and Maintenance Contract
Recommendation: Staff recommends that the Paratransit O&M contract be awarded to Medical Transportation Management, Inc. (MTM). Staff’s recommendation is based on the Panel’s overall assessment of proposed price, firm and key personnel qualifications and experience, and personnel resources committed to the contract. In light of the Panel’s recommendation provided to the Executive Director, the Executive Director has deemed MTM to be the best value proposal submitted to LAVTA. Resolution 01-2014.
7. American Logistics Company – Contract Extension #3
Recommendation: The Projects & Services Committee and the Finance & Administration Committee recommend that the Board approve Contract Modification #3 with American Logistics Company.
8. Commercial #3
Recommendation: Informational, for review.
9. Rohan Kuruppu’s Work Plan and Director Salary Range
Recommendation: The Finance & Administration Committee reviewed this staff report on January 28 and recommends that the Board give direction to staff to conduct a compensation study for consideration for the FY15 Budget.
10. LAVTA Alternative Work Schedule
Recommendation: This is a “Matters Initiated” agenda item requested by Boardmembers. Boardmembers should review the information and provide direction to staff.
11. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
12. Executive Director’s Report
13. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: March 3, 2014
Please refrain from wearing scented products (perfume, cologne, after-shave, etc.) to these meetings, as there may be people in attendance susceptible to environmental illnesses.
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant, January 29, 2014
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551