Board of Directors Meeting
Meeting Date/Time: 03/03/2014 04:00 PM
Diana Lauterbach Room LAVTA Offices 1362 Rutan Court, Livermore, CA, United States
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. Wheels Accessible Advisory Committee Report
5. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows :
A. Minutes of the February 3, 2014 meeting of the Board of Directors
B. Treasurer’s Report for the month of January 2014
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends approval of the January 2014 Treasurer’s Report.
C. Declaration of Surplus Property in Compliance with LAVTA Policy for Disposition of Surplus Property
Recommendation: The Finance & Administration Committee recommends to the Board of Directors to declare as surplus nine 2006 El Dorado 22’ Paratransit Vehicles, and one 2002 Chevrolet Venture, and authorize their disposal through a method consistent with LAVTA’s Policy for Disposition of Surplus Property.
D. DBE Policy Revision
Recommendation: The Finance & Administration committee recommends approval of Resolution 04-2014 revising LAVTA’s DBE policy.
E. Zero Emission Buses (ZEBs)
Recommendation: The Finance & Administration Committee recommends that the Board adopt a revision to the adopted 2014 Legislative Program to add a sentence opposing an unfunded requirement for all transit agencies, regardless of size, to purchase ZEBs.
6. Livermore Summer School Program Accommodation
Recommendation: The Projects & Services Committee recommends that the LAVTA Board approve option 2 to fully support the ESS program, as requested by the LARPD staff. Further, the Committee recommends that this annual request be integrated into the Wheels regular schedules since it has proven to be a well-used service. Resolution 02-2014.
7. Accommodation for Pleasanton Summer School Program
Recommendation: The Projects & Services Committee recommends that the Board of Directors approve operating routes 601/602 and 604 as outlined above as a pilot program for 24 days during the PUSD 2014 summer school session. Resolution 03-2014.
8. LAVTA Risk Management
Recommendation: Review and approve a reporting structure for LAVTA risk management issues to LAVTA Board of Directors.
9. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
10. Executive Director’s Report
11. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: April 7, 2014
12. Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(b):
PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
Title: Executive Director
13. Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
Agency Representative: Chair Jerry Thorne
Unrepresented Employee: Executive Director
14. Reconvene to OPEN SESSION
Please refrain from wearing scented products (perfume, cologne, after-shave, etc.) to these meetings, as there may be people in attendance susceptible to environmental illnesses.
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant, February 26, 2014
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551