Board of Directors Meeting
Meeting Date/Time: 04/07/2014 04:00 PM
Diana Lauterbach Room LAVTA Offices 1362 Rutan Court, Livermore, CA, United States
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. Wheels Accessible Advisory Committee Report
5. Public Hearing – Potential Service Changes
6. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows :
A. Minutes of the March 3, 2014 meeting of the Board of Directors
B. Treasurer’s Report for the month of February 2014
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends approval of the February 2014 Treasurer’s Report.
C. Approval of Resolutions Authorizing Staff to Apply for TDA, STA, RM2 and Measure B Funds for Fiscal Year 2014-2015
Recommendation: The F&A committee recommends approval of the attached resolutions authorizing the filing of a claim with MTC for Allocation of TDA Article 4.0, 4.5, STA and RM 2 Funds for Fiscal Year 2014-2015; approve authorization for the Authority to file a claim with Alameda County Transportation Commission for Measure B Funds for the Fiscal Year 2014-2015. Resolutions 06-2014, 07-2014, and 08-2014.
7. Fall 2014 Wheels Service Changes – Staff Preliminary Recommendations
Recommendation: This is an informational item only.
8. Route 8 Extra Service during the Alameda County Fair
Recommendation: The Projects & Services Committee recommends that the Board approve this Route 8 extension. This is being recommended to the Board by the Wheels Accessible Advisory Committee. If approved by the Board, staff recommends this be deemed a pilot project, so ridership and revenues can be monitored, permitting a future decision as to whether this should be a permanent schedule extension. Resolution 05-2014.
9. Clipper MOU
Recommendation: The Finance & Administration Committee recommends that the Board approve the MOU and authorize the Executive Director to sign it in order for LAVTA to join the regional system.
10. Revise the Paratransit Vehicle Donation Program and Approve Disposition of Surplus Property
Recommendation: Staff recommends to the Board of Directors approve Resolution No. 09-2014 updating the Paratransit Vehicles Donation Program and authorize disposal of the surplus nine 2006 El Dorado 22’ Paratransit Vehicles through donation.
11. Transit Capital Expenditures
Recommendation: Information item.
12. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
13. Executive Directors Report
14. Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(b):
PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
Title: Executive Director
15. Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
Agency Representative: Vice Chair Scott Haggerty
Unrepresented Employee: Executive Director
16. Reconvene to OPEN SESSION
17. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: May 5, 2014
Please refrain from wearing scented products (perfume, cologne, after-shave, etc.) to these meetings, as there may be people in attendance susceptible to environmental illnesses.
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant, April 2, 2014
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551