Board of Directors Meeting
Meeting Date/Time: 05/05/2014 04:00 PM
Diana Lauterbach Room LAVTA Offices 1362 Rutan Court, Livermore, CA, United States
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. Wheels Accessible Advisory Committee Report
5. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows :
A. Minutes of the April 7, 2014 Board of Directors meeting and April 14, 2014 Special Meeting of the Board of Directors
B. Treasurer’s Report for the month of March 2014
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends approval of the March 2014 Treasurer’s Report.
C. Dublin Boulevard TPI Resolution
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee, and the Projects and Services Committee, recommend that the Board of Directors approve attached Resolution 10-2014.
D. Contract Award for LAVTA Bus Book Printing Services RFP #2014-06
Recommendation: The Projects and Services Committee recommends that the LAVTA Board of Directors to enter into an agreement with Transit Information Products for the provision of bus book printing services, for a two-year period with three option years, and authorize the Executive Director to execute the agreement. Resolution 11-2014.
6. Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 54957
Title: Executive Director
7. Reconvene to OPEN SESSION
8. Contract with Management Partners for consulting services with regard to Executive Director interim staffing and recruitment.
9. LAVTA’s Preliminary Budget for FY 2015
Recommendation: Review the preliminary Operating and Capital Budget for FY 2015. The proposed Budget will be presented to the full Board of Directors in May, discussed again at F&A in late May, and be presented for final approval by the Board in June.
10. Fall 2014 Wheels Service Changes – Staff Recommendations
Recommendation: The Projects and Services Committee recommends that the Board of Directors approve and endorse the attached Resolution 12-2014.
11. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
12. Executive Directors Report
13. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: June 2, 2014
Please refrain from wearing scented products (perfume, cologne, after-shave, etc.) to these meetings, as there may be people in attendance susceptible to environmental illnesses.
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant /s/ Diane Stout 5/2/14
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551