Board of Directors Meeting
Meeting Date/Time: 02/04/2013 04:00 PM
Diana Lauterbach Room LAVTA Offices 1362 Rutan Court, Livermore, CA, United States
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. Wheels Accessibility Advisory Committee Report
5. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows :
A. Minutes of the December 3, 2012 meeting of the Board of Directors
B. Treasurer’s Report for the month of November and December 2012
Recommendation: The Finance & Administration Committee recommends review of the attached November 2012 Treasurer’s Report and approval of the December 2012 Treasurer’s Report.
C. Quarterly Budget Update
Recommendation: NA – information only.
6. Dial-A-Ride Operations Policies Update and Consolidation
Recommendation: The Projects & Service Committee has recommended that the Board of Directors approve the Wheels Dial-A-Ride Operations Policy by adopting Resolution 01-2013, superseding earlier Resolutions No. 04-92, 33-92, 23-2006, 30-2008, 12-2010, and 15-2010.
7. LAVTA Organization and Human Resources Review
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Board select Option 3 regarding CalPERS Pension Benefits and direct staff to proceed with updating LAVTA’s Human Resources Policy, based on effects of PEPRA. Upon Board approval, staff is directed to implement the Board’s preferred option.
8. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
9. Executive Director’s Report
10. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: March 4, 2013
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant, January 30, 2013
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551