Board of Directors Meeting
Meeting Date/Time: 04/01/2013 04:00 PM
Diana Lauterbach Room LAVTA Offices 1362 Rutan Court, Livermore, CA, United States
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows :
A. Minutes of the March 4, 2013 meeting of the Board of Directors
B. Treasurer’s Report for the month of February 2013
Recommendation: The Finance & Administration Committee recommends approval of the February 2013 Treasurer’s Report.
C. Approval of Resolutions Authorizing Staff to Apply for ACTC Measure B Countywide Express Bus, VRF Transit for Congestion Relief funds, for Fiscal Years 2013-2015, and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Section 5304, Transit Planning Student Internships. Resolutions 08-2013, 09-2013, and 10-2013.
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Board approve the three funding resolutions, Resolution 08-2013, Resolution 09-2013, and Resolution 10-2013.
D. Approval of Resolutions Authorizing Staff to Apply for TDA, STA, RM2 and Measure B Funds for Fiscal Year 2013-2014. Resolutions 11-2013, 12-2013, and 13-2013.
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends approval of the attached resolutions authorizing the filing of a claim with MTC for Allocation of TDA Article 4.0, 4.5, STA and RM 2 Funds for Fiscal Year 2013-2014; approve authorization for the Authority to file a claim with Alameda County Transportation Commission for Measure B Funds for the Fiscal Year 2013-2014.
5.LAVTA Benefits Review
Recommendation: This is an information item.
6. Human Resources Policy
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Board approve Resolution 07-2013 and the Proposed LAVTA Human Resources Policy.
7.FTA School Regulations
Recommendation: As requested by Boardmember Brown, review and discuss this issue but staff recommends making no changes to LAVTA’s policies which make available our bus routes to any rider irrespective of student status.
8. Legal Services Procurement
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board review, discuss and approve the process and timeline for completion of the procurement for Legal Services for LAVTA.
9. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
10. Executive Director’s Report
11. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: May 6, 2013
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant, March 27, 2013
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551