Projects and Services Committee Meeting
Meeting Date/Time: 02/24/2014 04:00 PM
Diana Lauterbach Room LAVTA Offices 1362 Rutan Court, Livermore, CA, United States
1. Call to Order
2. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Committee on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Members of the audience may address the Committee on items on the Agenda at the time the Chair calls for the particular Agenda item.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
3. Minutes of the January 27, 2014 Meeting of the P&S Committee
4. I-680 Corridor Alternatives Review
Recommendation: It is recommended that the Board of Directors await the results of the currently ongoing regional study efforts – particularly the two Counties’ plans mentioned above – before deciding on any major restructuring of the current Wheels route 70X service in the I-680 corridor. Staff would then work to incorporate the results of those studies, to the extent possible, into the anticipated systemwide comprehensive operational analysis (COA) outlined in the agency’s draft work plan for next fiscal year.
5. Fall 2014 Potential Wheels Service Changes
Recommendation: This is an informational item only.
6. Accommodation for Pleasanton Summer School Program
Recommendation: It is requested that the Projects and Services Committee endorse a Staff recommendation to the Board of Directors to operate routes 601/602 and 604 as outlined above as a pilot program for 24 days during the PUSD 2014 summer school session. Resolution 03-2014.
7. Livermore Summer School Program Accommodation
Recommendation: LAVTA has historically supported the ESS program needs for transportation and staff recommends that this partnership continue again this summer. While some money may be saved by adopting option 1, to fully support the ESS program, option 2 is strongly supported by the LARPD staff. Resolution 02-2014.
8. Matters Initiated by Committee Members
9. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: March 24, 2014
Please refrain from wearing scented products (perfume, cologne, after-shave, etc.) to these meetings, as there may be people in attendance susceptible to environmental illnesses.
In the event that a quorum of the entire Board is present, this Committee shall act as a Committee of the Whole. In either case, any item acted upon by the Committee or the Committee of the Whole will require consideration and action by the full Board of Directors as a prerequisite to its legal enactment.
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA Administrative Services Department, February 19, 2014
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org