We were recently named as the recipient of the California Association of Coordinated Transportation’s (CALACT) Outstanding Transportation Agency of the Year Award for 2019. The announcement was made at the CALACT Awards Ceremony held as part of the organization’s Spring Conference.
The annual award honors an agency that has demonstrated achievement in efficiency, effectiveness and customer service, based on the following criteria: Safety, Operations, Customer Service, Financial Management, Marketing, Community Relations, and Policy and Administration.
Among the accomplishments which led to LAVTA receiving the award:
- A major service restructuring that refocused resources on more productive services with improved access to BART, ACE and Las Positas College
- A ridership increase of 7.2% in FY2018 compared to the prior year
- The successful passage of a Student Mobility Initiative at Las Positas College (LPC) to fund unlimited access transit passes for all LPC students
- Launching a Shared Autonomous Vehicle (SAV) project in proximity to the East Dublin/Pleasanton BART Station to help provide first and last mile connections with BART
- Serving as executive and administrative support for the Tri-Valley – San Joaquin Valley Regional Rail Authority (Valley Link), which held its first Board meeting in January 2018
- Partnering with the city of Livermore to relocate and rehabilitate the Southern Pacific Railroad’s historic train depot for use as LAVTA’s Livermore Transit Center sales and operations building
- Refreshing the Wheels brand with a new vehicle design and logo which is complementary to the agency’s Rapid buses
- Initiating Go Dublin, an on-demand real-time mobility alternative for Dublin residents utilizing a unique partnership with Uber and Lyft
After winning a similar honor from the California Transit Association last autumn, we are now the simultaneous holder of both major California Transit Agency of the Year Awards!!!