Today’s shelter in place emergency order from the Alameda County Health Officer defines public transportation as part of the “Essential Infrastructure”. As such, it is our intention to continue to operate our regular fixed route services and Dial-a-Ride paratransit. Our supplemental school services have already been suspended until school resumes.
The order defines travel that is permitted on public transportation, which includes:
- Any travel related to the provision of or access to Essential Activities, Essential Governmental Functions, Essential Businesses, or Minimum Basic Operations.
- Travel to care for elderly, minors, dependents, persons with disabilities, or other vulnerable persons.
- Travel to or from educational institutions for purposes of receiving materials for distance learning, for receiving meals, and any other related services.
- Travel to return to a place of residence from outside the jurisdiction.
- Travel required by law enforcement or court order.
- Travel required for non-residents to return to their place of residence outside the County. Individuals are strongly encouraged to verify that their transportation out of the County remains available and functional prior to commencing such travel.
To see the entire order from the Alameda County Health Officer, including definitions of the above terms, click here.