On January 1, 2019, we introduced a new discount Youth Clipper Card fare of $1.60. This discount is only available for riders 18 years of age and under paying with a Youth Clipper Card. The single ride cash fare remains $2.00. The Youth Clipper Card is available at no charge online at clippercard.com, LAVTA’s Administrative Offices and at the downtown Livermore Transit Center. Proof of age is required when obtaining a Youth Clipper Card and the card automatically transitions to an Adult Clipper Card upon the cardholder’s 19th birthday.
You will need one of the following to demonstrate eligibility for a Youth Clipper card:
- Birth certificate or passport
- State-issued identification card or driver’s license
- Permanent resident card (“Green Card”)
- Matricula consular/consular identification card
- SF City ID Card
- Student identification card with date of birth
- Military dependent card with date of birth
- Medical benefit card with date of birth
The Youth Clipper Card has other advantages as well, including:
- one free transfer to other Wheels or Rapid bus routes within 120 minutes
- a fare credit of $0.80 when transferring from BART to Wheels or Rapid buses
- autoload and balance protection available for registered cards
For more information about the Youth Clipper Card or other aspects of the Fare Policy Changes that took effect on January 1, visit wheelsbus.com, clippercard.com or call 925-455-7500.
For a copy of our Youth Clipper Card flyer, click here.