Wheels “Stuff-A-Bus” Holiday Food Drive Includes Bingo Game, Prizes and Online Donations!!
As the holiday season approaches, local food banks are in need of essential supplies. To provide support, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority (LAVTA), operator of Wheels and Rapid bus services, will host another “Stuff-A-Bus” holiday food drive.
The food drive is scheduled for Saturday November 17 from 9am to 3pm at the following locations:
- Lucky Supermarket at the corner of W. Las Positas Boulevard and Hopyard Road in Pleasanton
- Lucky California at the corner of Dublin Boulevard and Fallon Road in Dublin
All donations received will be delivered to the Open Heart Kitchen and Tri-Valley Haven Food Pantries to assist Tri-Valley residents.
LAVTA employees will be on hand to collect non-perishable food donations to help bring good cheer to Tri-Valley families this holiday season. Among the most needed items are: canned vegetables, canned fruit, canned meat, juice boxes, granola bars, pasta, rice, and grocery gift cards.
To add some fun to this year’s food drive, LAVTA has developed a “Stuff-a-Bus Bingo” game. Game cards will be available at the food drive or can be downloaded in the link below. Anyone donating a complete bingo line will win a prize. Those who donate all of the items on the card or donate a Lucky gift card of $25 or more will also be entered into a drawing. Prizes including a monthly bus pass and other fun prizes donated by radio station 101.7 KKIQ, which will be broadcasting live from the event. No purchase necessary to win.
- Click the link above
- Select the Dublin #750 Store at 2840 Dublin Boulevard in Dublin to do your shopping
- Fill your cart with non-perishable food items (HINT: use the Bingo Card for ideas)
- When you check out, type “Deliver to Wheels Stuff-a-Bus” in the Order Instructions
- When prompted to select a Time Slot, choose a time slot on Saturday November 17 between 10 am and 2:30 pm
- Pay for your order and you are done!