Board of Directors Meeting
Meeting Date/Time: 01/04/2016 04:00 PM
Diana Lauterbach Room LAVTA Offices, Suite 100, 1362 Rutan Ct, Livermore, CA, United States
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
Recommendation: Staff recommends approval of the November 2015 Treasurer’s Report.
Recommendation: Staff recommends that the Board approve Resolution 01-2016 to award a contract to DECS, Incorporated dba RyanCO Protective Coatings, the lowest responsive and responsible bidder for the LAVTA Rutan Maintenance Area Resurfacing Project #2015-14, for a total contract award of $184,124.00. Authorize the Executive Director to sign the contract and Final Agenda Page 2 of 2 issue a Notice to Proceed to DECS, Incorporated dba RyanCO Protective Coatings. Approve a 10% project contingency of $18,412.40 to be used at the discretion of the Executive Director.
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board of Directors accept this report and approve Resolution 02-2016, adopting the 2016 Legislative Program.
8. Adjourn to CLOSED SESSION
9. Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(b):
PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
Title: Executive Director
10. Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
Agency Representative: Michael Conneran, Legal Counsel
Unrepresented Employee: Executive Director
11. Reconvene to OPEN SESSION
12. Consideration of Amendment to Employment Agreement with Executive Director Michael Tree
Recommendation: Legal Counsel recommends that the Board consider an amendment to the employment agreement with Executive Director Michael Tree.
13. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: February 1, 2016
Please refrain from wearing scented products (perfume, cologne, after-shave, etc.) to these meetings, as there may be people in attendance susceptible to environmental illnesses.
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 12/23/15
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551