Board of Directors Meeting
Meeting Date/Time: 07/01/2013 04:00 PM
Diana Lauterbach Room LAVTA Offices 1362 Rutan Court, Livermore, CA, United States
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows :
A. Minutes of the June 3, 2013 meeting of the Board of Directors
B. Treasurer’s Report for the month of May 2013
Recommendation: Staff recommends approval of the attached May 2013 Treasurer’s Report.
5. August 2013 Service Changes
Recommendation: The Projects & Services Committee recommends that the Board approve the service change proposals for implementation in August 2013. Resolution 23-2013.
6. ParaTransit RFP
Power Point Presentation – No Staff Report
7. Establishing Standing Committees and Memberships
Recommendation: Chair Thorne recommends that the Board approve Resolution 22-2013, establishing new standing committees, memberships, and officers.
8. Cancel Regularly Scheduled Board of Directors Meeting for August 2013
Recommendation: Based on the Board’s usual and customary summer hiatus, I am recommending that the Board of Directors cancel the August 2013 Board meeting as well as both standing committees usually scheduled in the fourth week of July. If any urgent items come to my attention between now and the meeting I will contact the Chair of the Board of Directors and request either that the meeting is reinstated, or that a special meeting be called.
9. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
10. Executive Director’s Report
11. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: August 5, 2013
Please refrain from wearing scented products (perfume, cologne, after-shave, etc.) to these meetings, as there may be people in attendance susceptible to environmental illnesses.
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant, June 26, 2013
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551