Board Of Directors Meeting
Meeting Date/Time: 12/16/2013 04:00 PM
Diana Lauterbach Room LAVTA Offices 1362 Rutan Court, Livermore, CA, United States
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. Officer Tamm Recognition
5. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows :
A. Minutes of the November 4, 2013 meeting of the Board of Directors
B. Treasurer’s Report for the month of October 2013
Recommendation: The Finance & Administration Committee recommends approval of the October 2013 Treasurer’s Report.
C. Set Board of Director Meeting Dates for 2014
Recommendation: It is requested that the Board of Directors adopt the above meeting calendar for 2014.
D. Regional Measure 2 (RM2) Resolution; LAVTA Trapeze Upgrade
Recommendation: Staff recommends that the Board of Directors approve Resolution 29-2013.
6. Relocation of Livermore’s Historic Train Depot
Recommendation: Staff recommends that the Board approve the location of the historic train depot on transit center property, contingent on no negative impacts from FTA, and direct the Executive Director and Legal Counsel to take all necessary steps to assist Livermore city staff in relocating the building.
7. Board of Directors Workshop Report
Recommendation: Review the attached Board of Directors Workshop Report and provide further guidance to prepare the FY 2015 Annual Work Plan. This report will become the basis for preparing the outline for the Annual Work Plan that is slated for Board of Directors review in February 2014.
8. 2014 Legislative Program
Recommendation: The Finance & Administration Committee recommends that the Board approve Resolution 27-2013, adopting the 2014 Legislative Program.
9. Contract with Gillig
Recommendation: Staff and Legal Counsel recommend that the Board approve the master contract with Gillig Corporation to permit future bus purchases. Resolution 28-2013.
10. Commercial #2
Recommendation: For information only.
11. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
12. Executive Director’s Report
13. Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(b):
PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
Title: Executive Director
14. Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
Agency Representative: Chair Jerry Thorne
Unrepresented Employee: Executive Director
15. Reconvene to OPEN SESSION
16. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: January 6, 2014
Please refrain from wearing scented products (perfume, cologne, after-shave, etc.) to these meetings, as there may be people in attendance susceptible to environmental illnesses.
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant, 12/11/13
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551