Board of Directors Meeting
Meeting Date/Time: 06/06/2016 04:00 PM
Diana Lauterbach Room LAVTA Offices, Suite 100, 1362 Rutan Court, Livermore, CA, United States
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
Recommendation: None – information only.
5. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
Recommendation: Staff recommends approval of the April 2016 Treasurer’s Report.
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Board of Directors approve the attached organization chart and Resolution 19-2016 adjusting the rates of salary bands for LAVTA employees.
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Board of Directors approve Resolution 20-2016 reauthorizing investment of LAVTA monies in LAIF.
Recommendation: Staff has compiled the Board’s appointments into Resolution 21-2016 for adoption at the June 6, 2016 Board meeting.
Recommendation: The Projects and Services Committee recommends approval of the FY2017 Wheels Marketing Plan.
Recommendation: Nominate and elect a LAVTA Board Chair and Vice Chair for FY17 in accordance with the agency’s bylaws.
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends approval of LAVTA’s FY 2017 Operating and Capital budget.
Recommendation: The Projects and Services Committee recommends approving Routes 11, 20X, and 580X as described above, and recommends the Board authorize staff to file a Notice of Exemption under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
Staff recommends approving Wheels on Demand as described above and in the attached documents.
Staff recommends reinstituting Route 2 as described above, and recommends the Board authorize staff to file a Notice of Exemption under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
Recommendation: The Board is requested to review and consider approval of a proposal for LAVTA to sponsor a demonstration project in the City of Dublin for the implementation of a shuttle service to the Dublin BART stations using Shared Autonomous Vehicle (SAV) technology. The $1 million two-year demonstration project is proposed to be funded with a grant from the Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD) Transportation Fund for Clean Air (TFCA) Program.
Recommendation: None – Information Only
12. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
13. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: July 11, 2016
Please refrain from wearing scented products (perfume, cologne, after-shave, etc.) to these meetings, as there may be people in attendance susceptible to environmental illnesses.
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 6/2/16
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority 1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org