Board of Directors Meeting
Meeting Date/Time: 09/12/2016 04:00 PM
Diana Lauterbach Room LAVTA Offices, Suite 100, 1362 Rutan Court, Livermore, CA, United States
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
5. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
Recommendation: Staff recommends approval of the Preliminary June 2016 and Preliminary July 2016 Treasurer’s Report.
Recommendation: Staff has compiled the Board’s appointments into Resolution 32-2016 for adoption at the September 12, 2016 Board meeting.
Recommendation: The Finance & Administration Committee recommend the Board of Directors declare as surplus twenty (20) buses, and authorize their disposal through a method consistent with LAVTA’s Policy for Disposition of Surplus Property.
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends that the Board authorize the Executive Director to execute an agreement for the initial contract period of three (3) years from the effective date, with two (2) one-year options to be exercised solely at LAVTA’s discretion.
6. Transportation Development Act (TDA) Triennial Performance Audit for the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority (LAVTA) Prepared for the Metropolitan Transportation Commission for the Fiscal Years 2013 Through 2015
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommend the Board of Directors accept the TDA Performance Audit Report for Fiscal Years 2013-2015.
Recommendation: Staff recommends that the Board award the contract for Purchase and Delivery of Heavy-Duty Buses in Diesel, Hybrid Drive and Compressed Natural Gas configurations and authorize the Executive Director to execute an agreement for the initial contract period of five (5) years from the effective date, for the purchase of a minimum of twelve (12) and maximum of twenty (20) buses, with the understanding that Board action will be obtained separately through the term of the contract to authorize the purchase of buses in quantities and configurations to be specified, in conformance with the contract documents.
9. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
10. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: October 3, 2016
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 9/8/16
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority 1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org