Board of Directors Meeting
Meeting Date/Time: 11/07/2016 04:00 PM
Diana Lauterbach Room LAVTA Offices, Suite 100, 1362 Rutan Court, Livermore, CA, United States
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
Recommendation: Staff recommends approval of the August 2016 and September 2016 Treasurer’s Report.
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Board approve rescinding the contract award to DECS.
The Finance and Administration Committee further recommends the Board: (1) award a contract to Raider Painting, the lowest responsive and responsible bidder for the LAVTA Rutan Maintenance Area Resurfacing Project #2015-14, for a total contract award of $194,950.00; (2) authorize the Executive Director to sign the contract and issue an NTP to Raider Painting; and (3) approve a 10% project contingency of $19,495.00 to be used at the discretion of the Executive Director.
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Board authorize the Executive Director to execute three-year contracts with two one-year options with Diablo Engineering Group, Gannett Fleming Incorporated, and Kimley Horn and Associates Incorporated for on-call engineering services. Task orders will be awarded based on the most qualified firm for each scope or work.
Recommendation: Adopt Resolution 36-2016 in support of a rail connection between the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) and the Altamont Corridor Express (ACE) rail systems in the Tri-Valley.
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends acceptance of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), and submission of the CAFR to the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) for award.
Recommendation: The recommendation is that the LAVTA Board approves the Proposed Organizational Chart and corresponding Proposed Job Descriptions.
Recommendation: The recommendation is that the LAVTA Board award the contract for Executive Consulting Services.
10. Adjourn to CLOSED SESSION
11. Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(b):
PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
Title: Executive Director
12. Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
Agency Representative: Michael Conneran, Legal Counsel
Unrepresented Employee: Executive Director
13. Reconvene to OPEN SESSION
14. Consideration of Amendment to Employment Agreement with Executive Director Michael Tree
Recommendation: Legal Counsel recommends that the Board consider an amendment to the employment agreement with Executive Director Michael Tree
15. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
16. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: December 5, 2016
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 11/3/16
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority 1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org