Board of Directors Meeting
Meeting Date/Time: 02/06/2017 04:00 PM
Diana Lauterbach Room LAVTA Offices, Suite 100, 1362 Rutan Court, Livermore, CA, United States
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
5. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
Recommendation: Staff recommends approval of the December 2016 Treasurer’s Report.
Recommendation: None – Information only.
Recommendation: Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Board of Directors declare as surplus one (1) bus and ratify the disposal through a method consistent with LAVTA’s Policy for Disposition of Surplus Property.
Recommendation: At its January 23, 2017 meeting, the Projects & Services Committee considered the potential service options presented by Staff, and recommends approval of summer service as outlined above. Specifically, the Committee:
• Recommends accommodation for the DUSD summer program at Dublin High School by operating routes 501 and 502 five days a week during the 2017 summer session;
• Recommends accommodation for the PUSD summer program at its location at Foothill High School by operating routes 602 and 604 four days per week during the 2017 summer session; and
• Recommends modifying Route 1 service to directly connect to the ECHOJ and operate every 30-minutes all day on weekdays.
Recommendation: At its January 23, 2017 meeting, the Projects & Service Committee considered and endorsed Staff’s proposal to operate a dedicated, hourly shuttle service between the East Dublin/Pleasanton BART station and the Fairgrounds during the 2017 Alameda County Fair.
It is recommended that the Board of Directors approve the proposed shuttle service, as outlined above.
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board of Directors approve the attached resolutions.
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board of Directors to approve Resolution 11-2017, a resolution authorizing LAVTA participation in the Employment Risk Management Authority.
Recommendation: None – Information only.
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board of Directors accept this report and approve Resolution 12-2017, adopting the 2017 Legislative Program.
9. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
10. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: March 6, 2017
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 2/1/17
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority 1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
Email : email@example.com