Board of Directors Meeting
Meeting Date/Time: 06/05/2017 04:00 PM
Diana Lauterbach Room LAVTA Offices, Suite 100, 1362 Rutan Court, Livermore, CA, United States
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
5. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
Recommendation: Staff recommends approval of the April 2017 Treasurer’s Report.
Recommendation: Staff has compiled the Board’s appointments into Resolution 24-2017 for adoption at the June 5, 2017 Board meeting.
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Board exercise an option year and extend the legal services agreement from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018.
Recommendation: Review the proposed new logo and vehicle design concepts for Wheels bus service and adopt these designs.
Recommendation: Review and approve the final Operating and Capital Budget for FY 2018.
Recommendation: Staff recommends Board of Directors exercise the fourth option year and extend the fixed route operations and maintenance agreement from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018.
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board exercise the first option year and extend the paratransit operations and maintenance agreement from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018.
Recommendation: Staff recommends that a contract be executed with Lamar Transit Advertising for the sale and installation of exterior bus advertising. The contract is for three years beginning July 1, 2017. Lamar’s proposal would provide annual revenue to LAVTA of 50 percent of net sales or a minimum annual guarantee of $95,000, whichever is higher.
Recommendation: Nominate and elect a LAVTA Board Chair and Vice Chair for FY18 in accordance with the agency’s bylaws.
13. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
14. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: July 10, 2017
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 6/1/17
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority 1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
Email : email@example.com