Board of Directors Meeting
Meeting Date/Time: 07/06/2020 04:00 PM
Zoom Teleconference (See Agenda)
Due to COVID-19 meetings will not be held on-site at LAVTA, so please see the agenda link for further instructions for joining our Zoom conference meeting and how the public can participate.
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration committee recommends approval of the May 2020 Treasurer’s Report.
Recommendation: The Projects & Services Committee recommends the Board of Directors authorize the Executive Director to extend the payment agreement with MV on a month-to-month basis until service returns to pre-COVID levels, or when the agency reaches a stable level of service.
Recommendation: The Finance & Administration Committee recommends the Board approve Resolution 18-2020, in support of a funding request to MTC for the Cycle 6 Lifeline Transportation Program for continued operations of Wheels Route 14 serving North Livermore.
Recommendation: The Finance & Administration Committee recommends the Board execute Form 130, designating LAVTA’s authorized Agent to apply for and receive funding from the Federal Emergency Management Agency and/or California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services for disaster assistance funding in connection with the declared COVID-19 disaster.
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board confirm and approve Resolution 23-2020, establishing standing committees, memberships, and officers.
Recommendation: Staff requests that the Board of Director approve Resolution 20-2020, authorizing the Executive Director to execute a Contract Task Order 4 between LAVTA and Kimley-Horn and Associates in the amount of $450,000 to assist with project management services for schematic design of the LAVTA Atlantis Transit Facility. Please note the Projects & Services Committee supported the resolution for the execution of CTO 4 in the amount of $350,000.
Recommendation: Taking into account the time required for a formal solicitation, staff recommends that the Board of Directors authorize the Executive Director to execute Modification #6 with MTM to extend the current payment agreement and exercise the last option term until December 31, 2020. Since the monthly supplemental agreement was based on trip volume, staff recommends that it be waived and revert back to the pre-COVID pricing structure of a per trip cost when the average weekday trip volume for any month is 100 or more trips. The new pricing structure will be as follows:
|Tier||Number of Trips per Month||Price
|Change from Previous Rates|
|1||Up to 4,199||$36.94||$0.72 or 2%|
|2||4,200 – 6,699||$36.05||$0.70 or 2%|
|3||4,700+||$34.85||$0.68 or 2%|
Recommendation: The Finance & Administration Committee recommends the Board approve a SUPPORT position for H.R. 2, the INVEST in America Act/Moving Forward Act.
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board of Directors approve Resolution 22-2020 in support of an allocation request to MTC and Caltrans for the State Transit Assistance State of Good Repair (SGR) Program.
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board of Directors authorize the Executive Director to notify the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) of LAVTA’s desire to participate in MTC’s Clipper START! pilot program.
11. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
12. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: August 3, 2020
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Executive Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 7/2/20
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority 1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org