Board Of Directors Meeting
Meeting Date/Time: 04/06/2015 04:00 PM
Diana Lauterbach Room LAVTA Offices 1362 Rutan Court, Livermore, CA, United States
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
4. March Wheels Accessible Advisory Committee Minutes Report
5. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
A. Minutes of the March 2, 2015 Board of Directors meeting.
B. Treasurer’s Reports for the month of February 2015
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends approval of the February 2015 Treasurer’s Report.
C. Dial-A-Ride Operations Policy Modifications
Recommendation: The Projects and Services Committee recommend modifying the language under 3.5, Eligibility Denials and Appeals, removing the references that appeals may be made to the Board of Directors. The Committee asked that the final appeals decision be made by the Executive Director. The Projects & Services Committee recommends forwarding to the full Board to approve the proposed changes to the Dial-A-Ride Operations Policy, Resolution 14-2015.
D. Para-Taxi Program Update
Recommendation: The Projects & Services Committee recommends that the Board approve the proposed changes to the Para-Taxi program. Resolution 15-2015.
E. Amendment 1 to the Encroachment Agreement With City of Pleasanton
Recommendation: The Projects and Services Committee recommends the Board approve the First Amendment to Bus Shelter Encroachment and Maintenance Agreement.
F. Extra Service during the Alameda County Fair and the Livermore Fourth of July Fireworks Show
Recommendation: At its March 23, 2015 meeting, the Projects & Services Committee endorsed the proposed service enhancements during the 2015 Alameda County Fair and Livermore Fireworks events. It is recommended that the Board of Directors approve the plan as outlined. Resolution 12-2015 (Route 8) and Resolution 13-2015 (Route 15).
G. Cycle 4 Lifeline Transportation Program Resolution of Local Support
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board of Directors approve the Cycle 4 Lifeline Transportation Program Resolution of Local Support. Resolution 18-2015.
6. LAVTA Annual Organizational Review
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommend the Board of Directors approve the attached organization chart and Resolution 16-2015 changing the rates of salary bands for LAVTA employees.
7. Accommodation for the 2015 Pleasanton Summer School Program
Recommendation: At its March 23, 2015 meeting, the Projects & Services Committee endorsed the proposed service accommodating the Pleasanton summer school program by operating Wheels supplemental routes 601/602 and 604 for the duration of the program. It is recommended that the Board of Directors approve the service as outlined. Resolution 17-2015.
8. Executive Director’s Report
9. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
10. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: April 6, 2015
Please refrain from wearing scented products (perfume, cologne, after-shave, etc.) to these meetings, as there may be people in attendance susceptible to environmental illnesses.
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant, /s/ Diane Stout 4/1/15
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551