Board of Directors Meeting
Meeting Date/Time: 09/13/2021 04:00 PM
Zoom Teleconference (See Agenda)
Due to COVID-19 meetings will not be held on-site at LAVTA, so please see the agenda link for further instructions for joining our Zoom conference meeting and how the public can participate.
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
5. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends that the Board of Directors approve the June 2021 (preliminary) and July 2021 Treasurer’s Report.
Recommendation: The Finance & Administration Committee recommends that the Board of Directors approve Resolution 28-2021 revising LAVTA’s DBE policy.
Recommendation: The Finance &Administration Committee recommends that the Board approve Resolution 29-2021 establishing a California Employers’ Pension Prefunding Trust (CEPPT) Account with CalPERS for the purpose of refunding LAVTA’s required pension contributions and authorize an initial payment of $100,000 to open the trust account and select CEPPT asset allocation strategy 2. Additionally, the Finance and Administration Committee recommends that the Board authorize the Executive Director to execute the required documentation for participation in the CEPPT.
Recommendation: The Projects & Services Committee recommends the Board of Directors approve Resolution 26-2021 in support of an allocation request to the Metropolitan Transportation Commission for $150,000 for the design phase of the Shared Autonomous Vehicle Phase 2 Deployment Project.
Recommendation: None – information only.
Recommendation: Staff recommends that the Board of Directors appoint a board member to become the alternate for the Paratransit Demonstration Project Committee.
9. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
10. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: October 4, 2021
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Executive Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 9/10/2021
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org