Board of Directors Meeting
Meeting Date/Time: 06/04/2018 04:00 PM
Diana Lauterbach Room LAVTA Offices, Suite 100, 1362 Rutan Court, Livermore, CA, United States
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
5. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
Recommendation: Staff recommends approval of the April 2018 Treasurer’s Report.
Recommendation: Based on the recommendation of the Finance & Administration Committee, staff recommends the Board of Directors approve Resolution 17-2018, rejecting the sole bid received in response to IFB #2018-06 for the LAVTA Rutan Maintenance Floor Resurfacing Project as non-responsive, rescinding the contract previously awarded to Raider Painting in November 2016 for an amount not to exceed $194,950 that was not executed by Raider Painting, and directing staff to initiate an open-market procurement for the project in accordance with LAVTA’s Procurement Policy (Resolution 19-2006).
Recommendation: Based on the recommendation of the Finance & Administration Committee, staff recommends the Board of Directors approve Resolution 16-2018 in support of a funding request to MTC for the Cycle 5 Lifeline Transportation Program for continued operations of Wheels Route 14 serving North Livermore.
Recommendation: Staff has compiled the Board’s appointments into Resolution 18-2018 for adoption at the June 4, 2018 Board meeting.
Recommendation: The Finance & Administration Committee recommends that the Board approve the new position of Manager of Customer Service and Contract Oversight and the position of Director of Planning and Marketing
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends that the Board of Directors approve the final Operating and Capital Budget for FY 2019.
Recommendation: It is recommended that the Board of Directors approve the Phase I recommendations as outlined above, with a target implementation date of August 13, 2018.
Recommendation: Nominate and elect a LAVTA Board Chair and Vice Chair for FY19 in accordance with the agency’s bylaws.
Recommendation: None-information only.
11. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
12. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: July 2, 2018
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Administrative Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 6/1/2018
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority 1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
Email : email@example.com