Board of Directors Meeting
Meeting Date/Time: 11/02/2020 04:00 PM
Zoom Teleconference (See Agenda)
Due to COVID-19 meetings will not be held on-site at LAVTA, so please see the agenda link for further instructions for joining our Zoom conference meeting and how the public can participate.
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
5. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends that the Board of Directors approve the LAVTA Treasurer’s Report for August 2020 and September 2020.
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends that the Board of Directors review the attached Conflict of Interest Code, including revised Appendix of Designated Officials and Employees, which has been updated to reflect LAVTA’s current staffing and organization.
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends that the Board of Directors approve a revised implementation date for two fare increase categories previously approved for implementation on January 1, 2021 and recommends that the Board delay the implementation of these proposed changes to January 1, 2022.
Recommendation: The Projects and Services Committee recommends the Board of Directors authorize the Executive Director to provide the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) with a revised resolution indicating LAVTA’s desire to participate in MTC’s Clipper START! pilot program.
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends that the Board of Directors accept the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) prior to submitting the CAFR to the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) for award.
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board of Directors adopt the above meeting calendar for 2021.
9. Adjourn to CLOSED SESSION
10. Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(b):
PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
Title: Executive Director
11. Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
Agency Representative: Michael Conneran, Legal Counsel
Unrepresented Employee: Executive Director
12. Reconvene to OPEN SESSION
13. Consideration of Amendment to Employment Agreement with Executive Director Michael Tree
Recommendation: Legal Counsel recommends that the Board consider an amendment to the employment agreement with Executive Director Michael Tree
14. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
15. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: December 7, 2020
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Executive Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 10/29/20
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority 1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
Email : email@example.com