Board of Directors Meeting
Meeting Date/Time: 07/01/2019 04:00 PM
LAVTA Offices, Room 110, 1362 Rutan Court, Livermore, CA, United States
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call of Members
3. Meeting Open to Public
• Members of the audience may address the Board of Directors on any matter within the general subject matter jurisdiction of the LAVTA Board of Directors.
• Unless members of the audience submit speaker forms before the start of the meeting requesting to address the board on specific items on the agenda, all comments must be made during this item of business. Speaker cards are available at the entrance to the meeting room and should be submitted to the Board secretary.
• Public comments should not exceed three (3) minutes.
• Items are placed on the Agenda by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or by any three members of the Board of Directors. Agendas are published 72 hours prior to the meeting.
• No action may be taken on matters raised that are not on the Agenda.
• For the sake of brevity, all questions from the public, Board and Staff will be directed through the Chair.
Recommendation: Nominate and elect a LAVTA Board Chair and Vice Chair for FY20 in accordance with the agency’s bylaws.
5. Consent Agenda
Recommend approval of all items on Consent Agenda as follows:
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends that the Board of Directors approve the May 2019 Treasurer’s Report.
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends that the Board of Directors adopt the attached Resolution 17-2019 reauthorizing investment of LAVTA monies in LAIF.
Recommendation: The Projects and Services Committee recommend to the Board of Directors to Authorize the Executive Director to extend the current contract with MTM, Inc. for one (1) additional year.
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommend to the Board of Directors passage of the attached Resolution No. 19-2019 acknowledging the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority approval of the amended Joint Powers Agreement forming the California Transit Systems Joint Powers Authority and authorizing the Executive Director to sign the amended Agreement.
Recommendation: The Project & Services Committee recommends that the LAVTA Board authorize the Executive Director to enter into a contract with Nelson\Nygaard Consulting Associates, Inc., for the development of LAVTA’s Short Range and Long Range Transit Plans, in an amount not to exceed $273,637.10, which represents Nelson\Nygaard’s price proposal plus a 10 percent contingency.
Recommendation: The Finance and Administration Committee recommends the Board of Directors approve Resolution 18-2019 in support of an allocation request to MTC and Caltrans for the State Transit Assistance State of Good Repair (SGR) Program.
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board confirm and approve Resolution 22-2019, establishing standing committees, memberships, and officers.
Recommendation: Staff requests that the Board of Directors authorize the Executive Director to execute an Agreement between LAVTA and Global Traffic Technologies LLC to acquire GPS-based Transit Signal Priority equipment for 24 LAVTA-owned buses and 67 intersections served by Rapid Routes 10R and 30R in Livermore, Pleasanton, and Dublin.
Recommendation: Staff recommends the Board of Directors approve Resolution 24-2019 to execute a task order contract with LAVTA’s on-call zero-emission bus consulting firm Center for Transportation and the Environment (CTE), for a not-to-exceed amount of $161,200 with a contingency amount of $16,120 (10%) to be utilized at the discretion of the Executive Director.
10. Adjourn to CLOSED SESSION
11. CLOSED SESSION—CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL—ANTICIPATED
Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to subdivision (b) of Government Code
Section 54956: (One case.)
12. Reconvene to OPEN SESSION
13. Matters Initiated by the Board of Directors
• Items may be placed on the agenda at the request of three members of the Board.
14. Next Meeting Date is Scheduled for: August 5, 2019
I hereby certify that this agenda was posted 72 hours in advance of the noted meeting.
LAVTA, Executive Assistant /s/ Jennifer Suda 6/28/19
On request, the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. A written request, including name of the person, mailing address, phone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service should be sent at least seven (7) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to:
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority 1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org